Sunday, November 1, 2009

British Beer Company (Boston area)

We had dinner tonight at the British Beer Company, a small chain of restaurants with locations in Massachusetts, including Framingham (the location we visited). It is a casual, reasonably priced restaurant, with a British "pub"style ambiance; the menu includes American and British favorites, such as burgers, salads, pizzas, fish and chips, bangers and mash, pasties, steaks, fish, etc. Their gluten free menu is quite extensive, and includes pizza (with toppings!), ribs, a number of salads, burgers (no buns, alas), fish, steak and -- most unusually -- gluten free wrap sandwiches. The manager brought out the gluten free dish we had ordered herself, and without prompting offered an explanation of the extra care that they take with the gluten free orders, starting from the time that someone requests the gluten free menu. It made for a very relaxed restaurant experience (and the food was good too!)

3 comments:

Mer said...

wow, you just made my day!! going to get myself some GF pulled pork pizza immediately!! cheers!

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

A teen and her family's experiences living gluten-free.