Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gluten free matzah now available in my local supermarket


For the past few years, I have been baking matzah for our seders, using an almond meal based recipe. The matzah tasted delicious, but couldn't really be used as an ingredient for matzah based recipes, such as matzah brei, matzah stuffing, matzah caramel. Today, my mother discovered that our local supermarket in the Greater Boston area is carrying Yehuda brand "matzah crackers." These look just like regular matzah. We're stocking up!

7 comments:

~M said...

Interesting...my parents' favorite brand of (regular) matzot is Yehuda.

What flour do these gf matzah crackers use? Oat flour?

Rochelle said...

Ingredients are Tapioca Starch, water, Potato Starch, Potato Flour, Palm Oil, Vinegar, egg Yolks, Honey, Salt

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this. I was just wondering what we were going to do about Passover at other people's houses. This is perfect to bring. I can even dip it in chocolate for desert. You've made my 7 year old son very happy!

Anonymous said...

hey I live in Boston and was wondering what supermarket you bought this matzah at...rhanks

Rochelle said...

Shaws (Newtonville)

Jamie said...

I bought these at the Whole Foods in Annapolis, MD. THEY ARE DELICIOUS. Even tho I am not Jewish I LOVE them because not only are they gluten free but they are grain free as well.

salsa said...

Great news! Need to see if I can find this in San Francisco!

A teen and her family's experiences living gluten-free.